Friday, January 23, 2009

I'm So Watched Over

On my way home from work today, I was flying down I-10 at 80mph when the front passenger tire literally blew up! No joke! And I was passing a huge semi at the moment and talking to Tai on my cell. Luckily, I pulled off the road okay, but at that place on the freeway, the shoulder is very narrow and there's a gulley full of broken bottles and cacti between the freeway sides. So I'm there, call David to tell him what happened and where I was. He took the girls to the neighbors house and said he was on his way. While I was waiting for him, a truck pulled over and 2 big Mexican men get out. I'm always a bit afraid when men pull over to help me (it's happened at least 3 or 4 times now) since I'm alone and probably wouldn't be able to put up much of a fight. But, they very kindly asked if I had a spare and a jack, which I did, and they proceeded to change my tire for me. Which was scary since they almost got hit by oncoming traffic several times. They finished before David got there, put the ruined tire in the trunk along with my tools, said bye, and drove off. I'm so very thankful for nice people who stop to help without being asked. I've been watched over so carefully through the years.

2 comments:

Tai said...

so...everytime I get on your blog, the layout is different. You are so funny. Even though I know every story you blog because I talk to you so much, It is still very entertaining to read! love ya!

ballerina girl said...

Thank goodness for good people!