Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Adjusting

It's been a full week since I came home with Shyla now, and we've had to make quite a few adjustments around here. The first, and hardest, is that I'm not able to do the housework. It's been driving me a little crazy. Not that I love cleaning....cause I really, really don't....but it makes my day so completely empty not being able to do the things that need to be done. Plus, I was bitten by the organizing bug and can't unleash it on anything worthwhile. Boo. Another pretty rough adjustment is I can't pick up Paisley. She's actually done better with this than I thought she would. She hardly ever even tries to make me hold her. Maybe once a day and that's when she's half asleep and needs to be taken potty. When she does try, I just remind her of my ouchies and she will just hold me hand and walk with me or climb on the couch and sit next to me instead. Such a big girl. She's also back to taking herself potty which is nice cause I was sick of accompanying her when she doesn't need any help at all. The most major adjustment in our home of course is Shyla herself. But she makes it pleasant and easy. All her big sisters adore her and volunteer to hold her for a minute so I can go get dressed or whatever. Even when she's peacefully sleeping they beg to pick her up to snuggle. School starts on Monday and I'm not really looking forward to losing my two big helpers. Especially cause they're so great at entertaining Paisley. She's gonna be one sad cookie when they leave Monday morning....
My girls helping get the house cleaned up after a week of destruction
The extent of Paisley's regression. I'll take it!

Catching the last rays of afternoon sun - soaking up some good ol' Vitamin D

1 comment:

Glenene said...

Congratulations on your new little Shyla!! She is gorgeous! Hope you can adjust and bounce back quickly!