Monday, August 15, 2011

David's 28th Birthday?

My poor Grandma Robertson doesn't always have the best memory.....but she has never ever forgotten to send any of us a card on our birthdays! David thought it was pretty funny when he opened his card this year and read, "Happy 28th Birthday!" Apparently he's even younger than I am now! lol
For David's birthday this year, he requested his favorite Mexican breakfast (eggs, beans, potatoes, tortillas, and salsa) and chow mein for dinner with chocolate chip/walnut cookies for dessert. Growing up eating chow mein on New Year's Eve and at family reunions, I'm pretty sure I've never eaten it without rolls and some kind of jello. But when I suggested these sides to him, he flat-out refused. I ended up making some crab ragoons instead (and almost ruined them by putting them in the oven cause I didn't want to fry them....oops!). Oh, and instead of chow mein noodles, he wanted ramen noodles with the chow mein goodies. Easy enough. It actually turned out quite yummy and there were no leftovers at all. Zach & co. and Lila were able to come help us celebrate. Lila made her yummy chocolate chip/toffee cookies and I promised David his cookies another day.
I used my month's piano $$ (thanks, Pottles!) to buy David's presents so he couldn't spy on me by checking our account to see what I bought. Yeah, I'm pretty sneaky. haha I got him a gift certificate for an hour massage - an hour on the table - and a shirt from Kohl's. He had bought himself 2 pairs of shorts and 2 shirts the previous week so I didn't feel bad about only the 2 gifts from the girls and I. He made fun of me for the gift certificate, but I know he'll enjoy using it. He's ALWAYS trying to force one of us to give him a massage! And he's ALWAYS complaining about his back hurting.


Happy 33rd Birthday, David! All your girls (including me!) love you tons!

2 comments:

Becca said...

haha I like Gmas card. too funny. and James and I are always trying to make each other give massages and we never want to. haha. so we've been planning on getting a couples massage sometime at some spa. he feels a lil weird about it, but I'm all for it. I don't care if another girl is rubbin him, at least I don't have to. ha. And congrats on girl #4!!! that is exciting! so so fun!

ballerina girl said...

Ooo, maybe you could post your chow main recipe?