Friday, October 3, 2008

October Fun



My girls are really weird whenever I try to take pictures of them! I'm sure I was never this crazy! Right, Mom?? =)
Can't believe it's already October! I feel like this year has to flown by so fast. These last few days have been pretty fun. David's dad brought us our two cats from West Virginia on Sunday. I'm so glad to have my kitty Licorice back! I've missed her these past 3 1/2 years! We also got Crook...a cat we raised since he was just a few hours old. His mom was a stray and she abandoned him, his brother Spook (my mom has him), and a little sister. Crook got his name because his tail was dislocated at birth and looked like a crook. =) Since then, he's lost his tail altogether, so no one gets why his name is Crook. I think most people assume he's a thief. Ha! So we introduced Lobo (the great dane) to the cats since they're all gonna be living together now. Lobo sniffed a Crook, Crook arched his back, hissed at Lobo, and swatted his nose. Lobo tucked his tail and ran away. What a baby! But at least I know Lobo won't be having cat for a snack anytime soon! Crook is Jade's cat and she just adores him! Licorice is Amber's cat and Amber drives her crazy. Oh well. We had a scare with Crook yesterday. He had gotten out the night before without us knowing it. Jade and I searched everywhere for him all day yesterday and couldn't find him. Poor kid was in tears all day. Our neighbor finally told us she saw him on our porch the night before at like 11pm. So last night we went on a walk calling for him, but he didn't show up. I sat on our porch till 10:30 to see if he would come home, no cat. David went out around 11 to check, and in come Crook! Yea! Jade was very glad to see him. Of course we woke her up...it's her cat! We're all happy to see him back and I hope the girls learned their lesson about leaving the front door open!
We finished the Living Room! Luckily, the paint in here was fine and looked nice, so we just scrubbed the walls clean, filled in some holes, and called it a day. After a LOT of debate, I convinced David to let me put my vanity table in there after promising to keep my sewing projects put away when I'm not actually sewing.

No comments: