Monday, December 1, 2008

Our Thanksgiving Extravaganza

I had planned on a nice quiet Thanksgiving in my new home with just my little family to feed. I was half right. Wednesday afternoon, David gets the bright idea to go over to Zach and Tai's house for the whole weekend....starting Wednesday night! So I packed up all the clothes and necessities we'd need for 4 days, plus a box full of food I would need to make Thanksgiving dinner. We got to Queen Creek around 11pm, put kids to bed and then stayed up and visited till who knows when! Zach and David went to play football early Thanksgiving morning while Tai and I started getting things ready for our separate dinners. They went to her families house, and I cooked dinner for my little family at her house. I know...wierd....but whatever. Alex and Onya came over later that night and we played a really fun game till Zach and Tai got home. Friday was pretty uneventful. David and I took the girls to see the temple lights. It was freezing! I could see my breath and everything! Hahaha! The girls really liked all the lights and had a lot of fun. Saturday we drove down to Tucson to visit with David's step-family and dad. We went to church with Zach and Tai on Sunday, then went to Lila's for dinner. Holy Cow there was TONS of food!!!!! We were all pretty stuffed! So now here we are, back in Buckeye. And I get to sleep on a nice, soft, ultra-plush, pillowtop, king bed instead of the floor. Hooray!!!!

4 comments:

Tai said...

Yay!! No more sleeping on the floor for you! I guess I should buy another air matress blower upper...or maybe get another bed? We shall see! I had so much fun this weekend. Thanks for being such a great sister in law and a great friend!! Love you Lissa!

Unknown said...

haha! You came all the way to the temple lights, and I live just a 1/2 mile up the road! We really do need to schedule a hang out time! Glad you had a fun thanksgiving! Talk to ya laters!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Lissa, I have a lot to learn from you about blogging! I really have no idea how to make it that cute! You are awesome at it. IT's so fun and positive! Cool blog:)

Anonymous said...

Wow! Lissa, I have a lot to learn from you about blogging! I really have no idea how to make it that cute! You are awesome at it. IT's so fun and positive! Cool blog:)