Friday, December 11, 2009

Tai's Christmas Bush and Other Events

Hahahahaha!!! Since I'm moving next week, I didn't think it was prudent to put up my big tree just to take it all back down and pack it just to unpack it again and put it back up. So Tai convinced Zach to go to their storage unit to find Christmas stuff. They came back with "The Christmas Bush". All they could find was their little 4ft tree. But the kids still had fun decorating it and the kittens still have fun wacking the balls around the house. But believe me when I say that next Sunday, my tree is going up, up, up!!! And lights are going on the new house pronto!
I finally found time to make Christmas dresses for the first time in years! Last year I had no time cause I was working all day at the DayCare Center. The year before that I was too busy with Home DayCare. I think that's my excuse for the year before that as well. But since I'm a permanant stay-at-home mommy now, (thank you sooooo much David for working so hard! I love you!!) I had time to make dresses for all three girls. Amber's and Jade's dresses open up in the back and you can see the bright pink fabric underneath. Paisley's doesn't do that cause she's a baby. But her's is still pretty darn cute! And she didn't puke on it the first time she wore it! Hooray! I think she sometimes thinks she needs to christen her new clothes with baby barf before she can wear them. Ewww!
Last week the kids were at each other's throats so we took them to the park by my house. The older 4 had fun playing hide-and-seek in the bushes for awhile. Jocy had fun going down the slide and alternating between the 3 animal rides. Paisley was cold. We were there for maybe 20min when Amber started whining that she was thirsty. She decided that throwing rocks into the grass would make her feel better. Oh! And better yet....hanging on Mom's leg while she's holding the baby would be even better. No...probably throwing a fit at the park cause Mom won't go home to get a water jug would be the best way to cure extreme thirst. I finally told her if she didn't can it, I'd take her home and she couldn't come back. Amber decided to go dig in the sand. She's fun. =p
Okay. Last set of pictures. These are just a sampling of the fun things I've been making lately. I saw a cute tag ball at Babies-R-Us for $25. It looked easy enough to make so I bought some fabric and ribbons and went to work. The first one I made didn't turn out right. It was too short and fat. So I changed my pattern piece and tried again. I think it turned out quite cute! I still have leftover fabric in case someone I know has a baby girl and plenty of leftover ribbons. All-in-all, it cost $15 and I have/had enough supplies to make 3 or 4 balls! The other fun thing I've made is baby shoes! Tera found me a pattern and I whipped up 2 pairs for Paisley straight away. My poor baby has the smallest feet ever and doesn't even fit into newborn shoes yet even though she's 4 1/2 months old now! So it was nice to be able to make her some shoes that stay on her little feet. All I had to do was tighten the elastic around the back to make them small enough. And if/when she ever grows out of them, I can just adjust the elastic and there's plenty of room! No more frosty toes!
Paisley sporting her new shoes and a pair of cute leggings!

She really is adored by her big sisters! Amber loves making her giggle and Jade is always willing to read and sing songs to her. Makes me happy that I have such sweet little girls!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love the shoes! Can I put in an order for boy ones?