Thursday, June 5, 2008

5 1/2 Weeks Left

I woke up this morning and groaned. It's not Friday yet!!! Seriously! How long can a week possibly last?? Grrrrr! At least I only have 5 more and then.....some of my dreams come true! I cannot even begin to explain how excited I am to be free from other people's kids! Don't get me wrong, I have no problem babysitting every now and then. Especially if the favor is returned. But I am soooo done doing it for a living! At least at my home. I wouldn't have a problem doing it at a center or something. As long as Jade was in my room and I got off in time to pick Amber up from school. But from my home? Never ever ever again! Never! I'm so tired of not being free to leave the house 5 days of the week. Of not being able to take my girls to the pool on hot afternoons. The tedium of all the rules; toys I have to have, activities I have to do, meals I have to serve, even the way I serve them. I can't even let Amber run over to the neighbor's house to play without walking all the kids over, having the neighbor sign Amber out, walk everyone back home...blah, blah, blah. It's rediculous! She's my own kid! If something happened, I'm not gonna sue myself! So needless to say, I'M DONE!!! In 5 weeks. That gives us 4 days to pack and clean our place before turning over our keys and flying out. I can make it.
I've been losing my weekends lately. The past 2 weeks I've had an extra kid along and this weekend will be no different. *sigh* Someday I'll be able to sleep in past 6:30. 5 1/2 weeks...5 1/2 weeks....

No comments: