Monday, March 2, 2009

Outdoor Fun

I LOVE my yard! It is soooo wonderful! The grass is gorgeous, the girls have so much fun playing outside with Katie (the dog), and we have big plans for it. David and I finally put up the dogrun fence yesterday. We also planted 4 strawberry plants, and replanted my rosebush my mom sent me. We had to replant it cause Katie decided to rip it out of the ground and chew on it. So I hope it survives, but I just don't know. So Saturday night, we went to Home Depot to find a fence for the dogrun. We didn't know what we'd find, but we found the perfect sized chainlink fence with a gate already put together! So we bought that along with the 2 poles for the sides, a bag of cement, and the clamps to connect the fence with the poles. $160 later, we have a wonderful dogrun that keeps Katie contained so she can't chew up anymore wanted plants! Hooray! Next month we're getting the bench, arch, and vines for the back part of the yard.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Very nice... I love the pictures of the girls! And, in that one of just your dog... it looks like a stuffed animal. lol... I had to look for a bit to make sure..lol. I have never seen strawberries planted in rock! Tell me how that goes for ya. :) Great job, guys!

ballerina girl said...

I love the pictures of the girls playing on the lawn with their pretty dresses. So beautiful!