Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Amber's Totally Awesome 9th Birthday Bash

Is this title long enough? I dunno. Maybe you can let me know....
Last Saturday was Amber Smamber's 9th birthday! I can't believe she's 9 now! I think I say that every year, but every year I still can't believe she's survived this long. lol Amber has gotten so old this past year. She's pretty much outgrown toys in general. She's into clothes, makeup (which she's NOT allowed to wear to school or church!), jewelry, shoes, her psp, and craft stuff. She's reading books like The Boxcar Children, Judy Blume and Beverly Cleary books, the Magic Shop book series, etc. We've been reading the New Testament every night this year and the only words she even hesitates reading are some crazy names and cities - most of which even I have a hard time with. Amber is full of fun and is a very, very good big sister. She's sweet and kind and says funny things. She and I clash pretty regularily - which is probably pretty common - but she's also very quick to apologize for her attitude and gives great make-up hugs. Another thing I like about her is how willing she is to try new things. Yesterday she made dessert using the recipe in the February Friend all by herself. And it was yummy! I love my sweet Amber! Even though I'm in denial about how old she's getting.....



 











1 comment:

John said...

Happy Birthday, Amber.

It always surprises me how quickly my kids grow up. 9 is big too. Everything changes from here.