Friday, February 11, 2011

Vegetable Garden

I am building planters for a raised vegetable garden this year. In fact....I'm starting them next week. I have to finish sewing a dress for a lady in Canada first, and then it's planter box time. I'm quite excited about it. I've wanted a garden every year I've been married and for one reason or another, it's just never happened. But it IS happening this year! For sure. Nothing stopping me. So the first chance I get, I'm headed to Home Depot for some lumber and a bunch of nails. And then I'm getting dirt from somewhere......not sure where yet as I have no truck for hauling so it'll have to be pre-bagged. And I don't know where to find earthworms or ladybugs either. But I know these both help plants grow. Hmmm....I'll have to figure that one out. Anyways, I'm planting broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, peas, green onions, bell peppers, lettuce, tomatoes, yellow summer squash, zuccini, eggplant (maybe), strawberries, and blackberries. And I have 2 avocado pits starting in my kitchen. Those will go in pots so I can bring them inside when it's too hot/cold for them outside. And eventually, my garden will be just as pretty and fruitful as this one:

1 comment:

Allison and Mason: said...

That's great!!! We are going to try and do a garden here to this year!! My first Arizona garden. Let me know if you have any tips. We are actually turning our soil today and going to start soon. Do you have anything that tells when to plant certain things here? I know there are like 3 crop seasons. I'm excited!!